RECIPE OF THE WEEK
An entertaining favourite…and what better way to entertain your guests or mum than spoiling them or her with a mouth-watering Fruit Pudding.
1. Use an 8cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 8 discs from the bread.
2. Lace the fruit in a bowl, cutting any large pieces in half. Add cranberry juice and sugar, and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Place the water in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine. Place the bowl in a small saucepan. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the bowl. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Stir gelatine mixture into the fruit mixture.
4. Use half the bread discs to line the bases and sides of four 200ml-capacity dariole moulds or teacups. Spoon a little syrup from the fruit mixture over the bread to soak. Divide the fruit mixture among moulds, reserving a little syrup. Top with the remaining bread discs and press down firmly. Spoon reserved syrup over the bread. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge overnight to set.
5. Combine cream and honey in a bowl.
6. Dip moulds in hot water. Turn onto serving plates. Serve with cream mixture.
Recipe available from the Brumby’s Bakery website, click here for ingredient list.
Offer ends: Thursday 26th of April 2018