RECIPE OF THE WEEK ALDI
Blueberry & Cheese Turnovers!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/ (180°C for fan-forced oven)
- Put the grated lemon rind, caster sugar and soft cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into 3 strips down the long side – approx. 12.5cm each.
- Then cut these into half lengthways to give you 6 squares.
- Divide the soft cheese mixture between the squares and spread over them, leaving a 1cm border.
- Brush this edge with the egg yolk.
- Divide the blueberries between the squares.
- Fold over the pastry to form a triangle and enclose the filling.
- Use a fork to gently press down the edges.
- Brush the turnovers with the egg yolk and sprinkle with some caster sugar.
- Put onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffed up
Recipe available from the ALDI website, click here for ingredient list
Offer ends: Friday 31st of August 2018
Majura Park Shopping Centre, Majura Park ACT 2609