RECIPE OF THE WEEK ALDI
Braised Beef with Red Wine.
1. To prepare braised beef, place beef in a casserole dish. Add wine and herbs. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 160°C (or 140°C in na fan forced oven).
3. Remove casserole dish from fridge. Stir in onion, carrots, leek, celery, garlic and stock. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
4. Transfer to the oven and cook, covered for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and cook for about a further 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
5. Transfer dish to a medium heat. Whisk in combined cornflour and water. Bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce is thickened.
6. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until golden brown. Season.
7. Serve braised beef with risotto. Top with mushrooms and garnish with parsley.
This is a great dish to make in a slow cooker. The rich smell of beef and red wine is a treat to come home to.
Offer ends: Wednesday 30th of September 2020
Majura Park Shopping Centre, Majura Park ACT 2609