RECIPE OF THE WEEK Woolworths
Want a delicious Aussie favourite perfect for Christmas, try Woolworth’s Summer Pavlova!
1. Preheat oven to 200°c. Position oven shelf near the bottom of the oven. Draw a 20cm circle onto a sheet of baking paper and place face down onto a baking tray.
2. Place egg whites and cream of tartar into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat with whisk attachment on medium speed until foamy. Add cornflour and vinegar and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, while beating on high speed until thick and glossy.
3. Fold through vanilla. Spoon mixture onto paper to cover circle. Using a palette knife, smooth side and top.
4. Place into oven and reduce heat to 120°c. Cook for 1 hour 15 mins. Turn off oven and prop open oven door with a towel or wooden spoon. Allow the pavlova to cool slowly for 2-3 hours or overnight.
5. Top the pavlova with whipped cream and your choice of fresh seasonal fruits. Add some flaked coconut, if desired. Serve.
Folding lemon or passionfruit curd, raspberry puree or a little plain greek yoghurt through the whipped cream will help cut the sweetness of the meringue.
Offer ends: Monday 30th of November 2020
Majura Park Shopping Centre, Majura Park ACT 2609