RECIPE OF THE WEEK Brumby's
Have you planned your Christmas Day menu yet? Christmas means crostini! The green peas combined with grilled prawns bring a little colour into this seasonal entertainer – Christmas crostini with pea, prawn & chilli.
1. Combine the prawns, chilli, garlic and 2 teaspoons of oil in a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Cut the bread into 18 slices crossways. Place, in a single layer, on a large baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and light golden.
3. Meanwhile, cook the peas following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan. Use a stick blender to blend until a coarse puree forms. (Alternatively, process in a food processor.) Stir in the mint and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook prawns for 2 minutes each side or until they change colour.
5. Divide the pea mixture among the bread slices and top with the prawns.
Offer ends: Monday 30th of November 2020
Majura Park Shopping Centre, Majura Park ACT 2609