RECIPE OF THE WEEK ALDI
Easter treat – baked donuts!
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan-forced oven). Grease donut tray with canola spray.
- With electric handheld mixer, beat butter, vegetable oil, caster sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
- Using a wooden spoon, add baking powder, bicarb soda, nutmeg, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and milk, gradually adding a little each time and stirring, until all has been added. Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place batter into a zip-lock or freezer bag, snipping off a corner with scissors to create a piping bag. Pipe evenly into the donut tray, filling each cup until three-quarters full (*Note the mixture makes 12 donuts).
- Bake for 8 minutes. For an even, smooth appearance, flip the donuts over with a fork after 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, or cool before glazing. Best eaten immediately.
* For fun decorations try colouring your glaze. Add a couple of drops of your favourite food colour and either spread or drizzle the glaze over the donut. Or grate some choc shards to sprinkle over. 100’s & 1000’s make it look pretty. Got a favourite lolly place it in the middle after adding glaze. Or sprinkle with NRG flavouring for a malty choc taste
Offer ends: Saturday 31st of December 2022
Majura Park Shopping Centre, Majura Park ACT 2609