RECIPE OF THE WEEK Woolworths
Celebrate Majura Park’s 5th Birthday with this amazing show stopping dessert!
Bombe Alaska, it’s sure to impress your guests.
1. Line a 6 cup pudding basin with a double layer of plastic wrap. Cut a round of sponge to fit into the base of the pudding basin and a second round large enough to cover the top. Place small round into the basin and brush with some of the liqueur.
2. Scoop ice cream into a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes until softened slightly. Add almonds and fold through. Spoon into pudding basin and spread thickly over side and sponge covered base, leaving the centre empty.
3. Scoop sorbet into a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes until softened slightly. Lightly mash raspberries and fold into sorbet. Spoon into centre of ice cream. Smooth surface. Brush large round of sponge with remaining liqueur and press firmly onto top of ice cream pudding. Cover with plastic and freeze for 6 hours or overnight until firm.
4. When ready to serve, beat egg whites in a large bowl using electric beaters until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and glossy.
5. Remove plastic from pudding and dip basin into hot water for 30 seconds. Invert onto a plate and remove basin. Spread meringue over pudding to cover it completely. Lightly brown meringue using a kitchen blowtorch. Cut into wedges to serve.
Recipe available from the Woolworths website, click here for ingredient list and video tutorial.
Offer ends: Friday 23rd of March 2018
Majura Park Shopping Centre, Majura Park ACT 2609